The purpose of this policy is to define the parameters that Noble Academy with use in admitting students to their school.
General Statement Of Policy
It is the policy of the Noble Academy board to comply with current state and federal statutes and regulations and in recognition of it’s obligation to provide equal educational opportunity for all persons within its jurisdiction, affirms that it will not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, creed, national origin, status in regard to public assistance, marital status, parental status, age, sexual orientation, or disability in the following areas:
- Access to course offerings,
- Curriculum materials,
- Counseling practices,
- Extracurricular activities, or
- Use of school facilities.
Noble Academy will give admission preference to:
- Children that are enrolled in the Academy for the entire last quarter of the current year,
- Children of families with students presently attending Noble Academy.
- As established by the annual “Enrollment Policy and Procedures” (revised annually and filed immediately following this policy) document that will be adopted by the school board on or before its regular February board meeting:
- On a first-come-first-served basis until the established class size is met,
- Applications will be chosen by lottery for admission if the demand exceeds the parameters of the maximum number of students set during the open enrollment period as established annually by this policy and procedure,
- If the maximum number of students set is reached after the open enrollment period, students will be placed on a numbered waiting list based on the postmark date or when the application was delivered, and
- All students entering kindergarten must be five (5) years of age by September 1 of that school year.
*To read the rest, download the pdf.